Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Hateful left

by Dan Clements Host of Back II Basic radio show

My Antagonist shared this article with me on Facebook
Conservative radio just loves to hate—and it's turning on the GOP
I don’t listen to much radio. There isn’t much radio to listen to where I live, and outside of a few shows like our o...
m.dailykos.com

This is the exchange I had with my antagonist.
Dan Clements I don't love to hate, and I'm not a member of the GOP either. I comment on the news of the day

Antagonist- It says CONSERVATIVE radio, Dan...and maybe you should check some of your own FB posts before you deny rather proudly wearing the vestments of hate. Seriously.

Dan Clements you consider anything that challenges your ideas as hateful, so how can anything that challenges your ideas not be hateful in your eyes?

Antagonist- Um,..if I am interpreting your strangely posed question correctly, the answer is; Because my ideaLs are to take in the refugees, NOT refuse them; give shelter to the immigrants, NOT deport them; feed the poor, NOT deny them a "handout"; heal the sick, NOT deny their RIGHT to healthcare; bring knowledge to the ignorant, NOT to MISinform others who are too UNinformed to think past your stunted little worldview, Dan! Feeding, sheltering, welcoming, healing, teaching...now how hateful is THAT crap?!

Dan Clements muslim refugees that we can't vet, Illegal immigrants, help the poor get jobs, healthcare is not a right, I back up everything I say on my show with references, so folks can make up their own minds, I teach not indoctrinate.

Antagonist- I'd beg to differ, but I don't take on a battle of wits with...oh, nevermind. Just saying, it's not exactly AVAILING your listeners to the other side of the argument by mentioning dubious "references" on a talk show. How many are actually checking into them, as opposed to just gulping down your smooth-coated propaganda? And just try to deny that you're aware that this is how that "referencing" thing works. Defensive, but not effective, Danny Boy. Why can't you be honest and just admit that your purpose is to sway thinking-impaired people to your agenda, and make the world a little more exclusive for the benefit of your regressive type? Or isn't honesty a Christian value if it applies to the poor, the sick, the needy the ignorant, etc...?

Dan Clements You make a lot of assumptions, and by doing so insult the intelligence of people who listen to my show. People get left wing propaganda all day long from the lamestream media, and if I differ from that and have facts to back me up, you say I'm just a hate monger. I share stories from both sides of the arena of ideas, I just take a more individual responsibility approach to life over we have a village approach to life where no one is responsible for anything.

If you noticed, at no time was I hateful, or personally attacked my antagonist. I try never to fall to this level of discourse, and I have people who help keep me in check.
My antagonist almost always heads in this direction when her arguments fail, and she looses her cool. Most of the time I just get out of her way and she ends up showing her hate, by her personal attacks. And the funny part is she doesn't even see her own hypocrisy!



Dan Clements is a member of the Constitution Party and the host of BACK II BASIC a Christian/political internet talk show. You can listen to Dan live from 9am-10:30am EST. M-F at www.blogtalkradio.com/dan-clements

Copyright © 2015 by backIIbasic.com. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is granted, provided full credit is given.

No comments: