Monday, December 14, 2015

Helping Friends

By Dan Clements host of Back II Basic December 10, 2015

This week I had the opportunity to help out some close friends of Lori and I. There was a lot of work that needed done before our friends could open a dog grooming shop at their home. I'm a handyman for a lack of a better term. My father would call me a jack of all trades and a master of none.
When I arrived to our friends house after my show on Monday, there was a Shelton of the pet grooming shop carved out of their garage. So for the next 3 afternoons, and the last afternoon ended around 11 pm, we worked to get the shop functional for some grooming appointments that they had on Thursday.
There was some minor electrical, plumbing and closing of walls with paneling that we worked on for the 3 days. They feed me really well, and the comradery we enjoyed could not be better. All in all we had a good time working on this project.
My point in saying all of this is when a friend is in need and you have talents that can help them, do so. I'm getting older and my joints and back don't work like they use to. At the end of each day I was exhausted, but satisfied knowing that I was helping some friends. I think we learned a little about each other we didn't know before. I hope this makes our friendship a little stronger in the future, as I'm sure it will.
When we use our talents (no matter what they are) to help friends, we in the end help ourselves. I came out of last week with a sense of accomplishment of doing a good job. My hope and prayer is that in doing this for some friends that they might share this story with someone and get a conversation going about how Christians are to help one another. God has blessed me in so many ways that I can't count them all. But the blessing of friends, God given talents, and fellowship are three blessing I count on every day. We can't make it through life alone, nor should we try. We need to help each other as we have opportunity and ability.
Jesus said “ and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.” Mathew 28:20b. We are never alone in Christ, and we should never be alone in our lives. So remember you have friends and if you can and have the ability, help a friend!

Dan Clements is a member of the Constitution Party and the host of BACK II BASIC a Christian/political internet talk show. You can listen to Dan live from 9am-10:30am EST. M-F at www.blogtalkradio.com/dan-clements

Copyright © 2015 by backIIbasic.com. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is granted, provided full credit is given.

No comments: